The Master of Science in Healthcare Decision Analysis (HCDA) is a 33-unit intensive, interdisciplinary program designed to produce analytically-skilled health professionals prepared for successful careers in the complex world of healthcare data analytics, international access and reimbursement, product pricing and value assessment, insurance operations and design, and competitive business intelligence.
The first of its kind in the country, the HCDA program provides students with:
- Opportunity to enter a field in which managed-markets payers, biopharmaceutical and life sciences companies, and government policymakers cannot find sufficiently qualified individuals and technically skilled managers to meet demand
- Tools and skills to develop practical and real world understanding of how different treatment choices impact patient outcomes and value determinations
- Knowledge to become experts in pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty pharmacy, hospital, CRO, diagnostics, and devices industries in the United States and globally
- Access to networking opportunities with leaders from industry, payers, government, and global healthcare as well as USC’s strong alumni communities
- Distance and classroom learning options including on-demand lectures, utilizing a learning-by-doing educational format emphasizing team projects, case studies, and war games
- Flexible two-weekend per semester course schedules aimed at mid-career working professionals and full-time doctoral students, that can be completed in as little as 12 months, based on individual schedule and needs
- Structured access to accommodate both full-time and part-time students
(Please view HCDA’s Program Learning Objectives for more information on learning outcomes.)
A STEM certified program by the USC Office of International Services (OIS), Healthcare decision analysis is an emerging branch of applied healthcare research at the intersection of health economics, applied health policy and insurance design, and business intelligence. The HCDA program provides a unique opportunity for mid-career professionals, as well as highly motivated new graduates, to become leaders in the evolution of healthcare design and application.
Healthcare Decision Analysis is offered in collaboration with the USC School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical and Health Economics and the Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics, one of the nation’s premier health policy research institutions.