Application & Eligibility Requirements
Please follow the steps below to submit your application. We are available to guide you through our streamlined admission process.
Application Eligibility Requirements
We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply:
- Earned bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The GRE/GMAT is optional.
- International students only: TOEFL (minimum score 90) or IELTS (minimums score: 6.5)
How to Apply
- Select “Create Account”
- Under “Add Program” tab, select the following information:
- School: USC School of Pharmacy
- Program Level: Master OR Graduate Certificate
- Department: Healthcare Decision Analysis
- Term: Select which semester you are applying for
- Delivery: On-Campus
- Go to the “My Application” tab to fill out the Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information (optional), and Program Materials quadrants
- Statement of Purpose
- Upload a two-page statement of purpose; single-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins
- In your SOP, please be sure to address why you are interested in Healthcare, and why specifically Healthcare Decision Analysis at the USC School of Pharmacy
- Letters of Recommendation
- At least two letters of recommendation must accompany your application
- Recommenders must submit their letters through the USC Online Application System
- The recommender will receive notification from USC so that they can submit their letter of recommendation
- You are responsible for ensuring that your recommenders upload an accompanying letter of recommendation to the system
- Resume/curriculum vitae (optional)
- $90 application fee (mandatory)
- The HCDA program does not administer the online application system and cannot comment on and/or waive the fee
- Please direct your inquiry to ASK USC
Please contact us if you have questions regarding GRE scores or run into issues with the application process.
- TOEFL or IELTS
- If applicable, request that the testing agency send TOEFL or IELTS scores to USC
- USC’s ETS Institution Code is 4852 or University of Southern California
- A program code is not necessary
- Official TranscriptsTranscript submission is a two-step process:
- i. Whenever possible, you must upload scanned copies of official transcripts to the online application. Please note that these must be official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable.
- ii. After you submit your application and received your 10 digit USC ID number, you must also mail in official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions you have previously attended (e.g. community college) to the following address:
USC Healthcare Decision Analysis Program
ATTN: Michelle Ton
635 Downey Way, Suite 312
Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC also accepts electronical official transcripts in lieu of physical hard copies, provided that the transcript originates from a secure site formally linked to the sending institution. Please instruct the vendor/institution to email the transcript to Michelle Ton at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Your application cannot be reviewed without official electronic test scores and official transcripts.
For more information or assistance, please contact our program administrator for admissions: