Healthcare Decision Analysis is a certified STEM degree program by the USC Office of International Services (OIS), qualifying eligible graduates on student visas for an optional practical training (OPT) extension.
Please follow the steps below to submit your application.
Preparing to Apply
1) Choose your intended semester
|Spring 2019||October 1|
|Summer 2019||March 1|
|Fall 2019||June 1|
2) Learn about USC’s English Language Requirement
4) Prepare Proof of Financial Support documentation (not required for intent to admit notification, but is required for formal admission and issuance of I-20)
5) Prepare supplemental materials:
This statement should succinctly describe:
- Your reasons for applying to the Healthcare Decision Analysis program
- Your preparation for this field of study
- Study interests
- Future career plans
- Other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study
Letters of Recommendation
Identify your recommenders: faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential graduate study.
Additional supplemental materials such as résumés/CVs may also be included.
Ready To Apply
1) Select “Create Account”
2) Under “Add Program” tab, select the following information:
- School: USC School of Pharmacy
- Program Level: Master
- Department: Healthcare Decision Analysis
- Term: Select which semester you are applying for
- Delivery: On-Campus
3) Go to the “My Application” tab to fill out the Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information (optional), and Program Materials quadrants
4) Personal Statement
Upload a one-page personal statement; single-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins
5) Letters of Recommendation
- At least two letters of recommendation must accompany your application
- Recommenders must submit their letters through the USC Online Application System
- The recommender will receive notification from USC so that they can submit their letter of recommendation
- You are responsible for ensuring that your recommenders upload an accompanying letter of recommendation to the system
6) Resume/curriculum vitae (optional)
7) $90 application fee (mandatory)
- The HCDA program does not administer the online application system and cannot comment on and/or waive the fee
- Please direct your inquiry to ASK USC
Please contact us if you have questions regarding GRE scores or run into issues with the application process.
1) GRE, TOEFL or IELTS
- If applicable, request that the testing agency send GRE, TOEFL or IELTS scores to USC
- USC’s ETS Institution Code is 4852 or University of Southern California
- A program code is not necessary
- Mail official, sealed transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended (with official English translations if necessary) to the address below:
USC Office of Graduate Admission
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
- You may submit your official transcripts by either 1) asking your undergraduate and/or institution to send your transcripts directly to USC or, 2) obtaining the official transcripts in a sealed envelope from the university and send them to USC yourself
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree, submit transcripts for all semesters you have completed
- After you have completed your degree, you will need to submit your complete official transcripts
- For faster processing, include your 10-digit USC ID with your transcripts, and send to the address listed below
- We encourage you to submit official transcripts as soon as possible
To facilitate the review process, we encourage you to also mail official transcripts to:
635 Downey Way, Suite 314-G
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3333
IMPORTANT: Your application cannot be reviewed without official electronic test scores and official transcripts.
3) Submit the Proof of Financial Support documentation and a photocopy of the first two pages of your passport
International students recommended for admission are required to submit proof of sufficient financial support and passport verification in order to issue an I-20. While these documents are not required for your application to be reviewed, we highly recommend that you submit them as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit the USC Graduate Admission website. Enter Key Word Financial Documentation in Search function.
After You Apply
After your application package is complete, it is sent to a graduate committee for review. Once a decision is made, an official notification letter will be sent to you.
Note: All required application materials must be received by the respective application deadline to guarantee review for the intended semester.
If you have any questions about the application process, application status, or any general inquiries about the program, please contact our program administrator for academic and student affairs: